Sunday, January 29, 2017

Weekend Scramble: Goodness, is that the date?

It's practically the end January, what the hell have I been doing besides fuming over my Facebook feed for the last couple of weeks?!  Not being productive, that's what.

Here's Jet illustrating my current creative output level.

A thousand apologies, I'm alive and still kickin'.  I've just been distracted by my Facebook feed.  As of this morning, I'm on detox.  I just need to step back and take a deep breath.  I'm sure the hot mess will still be there when I decide to return.  In the meantime, I've been medicating myself with repeated viewings of RuPaul's Drag Race on Netflix and RPDR Untucked on Youtube.  I need me some of Mama Ru's fabulousness.

When I'm not bent over my phone and getting riled up on social media, I'm reading.  I've been going to the local library a lot, saving a buck or two by borrowing my books before deciding whether or not to purchase them.  When I do buy books, they're either from the library's For Sale corner (40 pence a book) or from charity shops.  My favorite haunt is the local Oxfam shop, where I've scored many a Virago paperback for 1.99 each.  It's a tad more pricier than at other second-hand stores, but I find that Oxfam has more stock, especially in the Cambridge branches.

While I'm on the subject of books, I guess it's as a good a time as any to reveal that side project I've been working on.  Last September, I started a book blog called 'Armchair Amusements'.  I like to post about the books I enjoy, my current library loans, and loads of bookish adventures.  I'm not the greatest writer or book reviewer; I don't go deep and try to analyse the bejeebus out of what I read.  But I do like to talk about the books and I occasionally give my two cents on them.  So if anyone's curious, please check out the blog and leave me a line.  It would be nice to get actual comments and not spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment