Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hello, childhood! Celebrating the 37th anniversary of the first publication of 'The Neverending Story'



It's hard not to sing out loud the theme song from the movie.  

When you get a chance, pop on over to Google's homepage and admire today's Google Doodles commemorating the 37th anniversary of the first publication of The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende. 
I'm a child of the 80's, so like a lot of kids back then I saw the movie first.  Epic comfort viewing, but I hated watching it with my brothers because they would make fun of me for crying during the sad moments.  Anyway, it wasn't until I got to high school that I finally got a hold of the book and discovered just how large Bastian's role in The Neverending Story actually was.
I highly recommend reading the book yourself if you can get a hold of a copy at your local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment