Sunday, October 11, 2015

Weekend Scramble: The Haunted Brew Fest





Beer is good! Beer is good!
That's actually a song. The Hubs played it for me before we left for this beer shindig, Haunted Brew Fest here in Colorado Springs.

I had never been to one of these things, honestly. I assumed that it would be something similar to an Oktoberfest, with beer gardens and all that, but with a Halloween-y feel. Heh, aren't I cute. Anywhoo, when we got to the Colorado Springs event center, we were greeted by this horrendously long line that wrapped around the building. People were in encouraged to come in costume.

Ugh, but that line.
HBF_2.jpg

HBF_1.jpg
I'm not a big beer dranker, so I was hoping the food would be enough to keep me interested.


We didn't have to wait too long. Once inside, we were handed our complimentary (tiny!) plastic mugs and were off!
And no, there weren't any quaint beer gardens with fairy lights strung up overhead, what the hell was I thinking? Just a large space that smelled like yeast and vape, and loads o' beer from various brands.

HBF_5.jpg
The Hubs found a brand he liked and quickly got in line. True to the Halloween theme, next to us was a Ghostbuster and Marty McFly.

HBF_4.jpg
Like I mentioned before, I'm not really big on beer, but I do like to try out fruit based ones once in a blue moon, like this peach/pumpkin hybrid.


Bottoms up.

Because those plastic mugs were so tiny, The Hubs was able to go to various other booths and try out beers, while this gal, who valiantly tried to sip her beer slowly before moving onto the next fruit-flavored alcoholic beverage quickly fell victim to her Asian genes.

Hellooo, Mike's Hard Lemonade.

HBF_9.jpg
And some of Dogfish's Your Father Smelt of Elderberries.


And here's when I began to freak out and call for people to kill the clown on stilts with holy fire.


Having some good eats in between, which usually helps quell the need to hurl when you drink on an empty stomach.
We weren't even in that place for an hour before The Hubs, still sober, decided that I'd had enough and needed to be taken home.

But not without having his picture taken with Captain Morgan at the Captain Morgan booth with a swill of Captain Morgan in hand.
HBF_12.jpg
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment