Sunday, January 25, 2015

It's okay to enjoy one 'verse over the original. Seriously. Shut up! I do what I want!

Goddamnit, Marvel. Ugh. Okay, no more Superior Iron Man for me. I'm sure the comic is hitting all the right notes for people who are enjoying it, kudos and happy reading to you all. As for me, I think I'll just stick to movie!verse Iron Man. Besides, the whole Avengers comic!verse looks like a hot mess right now. Thank the Powers That Be for Angela: Asgard's Assassin and Image Comic's Wytches.

Now, if Angela looks familiar, it's because...


...she originally appeared first in Spawn way back in the 90's. She now resides with House Marvel.

Wow. Dollar ninety-five for a comic book. BTW, my older brother had this issue. Wonder if he still does. Anywhoo, big ole' legal bru-haha between Todd McFarlane and Neil Gaiman. Long story short, the two settled their dispute, and Gaiman got full ownership of the character. Marvel Comics later bought the character, and voila! Angel/Bounty Hunter for Heaven becomes Former angel/long-lost daughter of Odin, and sister to Loki and Thor. She does her own thing like a boss.

The Hubs and I made our every-other-week sojourn to our favorite comic book store today, and I picked up two new first-issues.

From Dark Horse Comics: Lady Killer by Joelle Jones and Jamie S. Rich. "Betty Draper meets Hannibal"


And from IDW: Millennium

And look who's featured in the first issue alongside Frank Black! Two of my favorite show from the 90's crossing over once again, this time around in comic form.

Will enjoy them later on tonight. I've just started a new book on Friday called Ocean Sea by Alessandro Baricco and I aim to immerse myself in it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment