Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Do Not Fear The Stack!

I finished Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book last night, woot! It was a fun, leisurely read enjoyed over many a lunch break. I grew really attached to 'Bod' Owens and his childhood spent in cemetary, I really didn't want the end of the book to be the end of his adventures.

This is the third book I've finished this year, after The Haunting of Maddy Clare and Hollow City. Her Fearful Symmetry doesn't count because I quit more than halfway and jumped straight to the last few pages out of boredom. I regret nothing, btw.

Next book right off The Stack: Kate Morton's cozy mystery, The Forgotten Garden. It's definitely a thicker read this time around. I just hope it doesn't become another one of those where, out of boredom, I quit halfway through and jump to the last chapter, or just plough through quickly to meet some pre-imposed deadline. It's not a race, and I just want to enjoy a good story and be a better reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment