Sunday, December 8, 2013

Greetings from Colorado Springs.


We found our new digs in Colorado Springs the day after we moved here. We're in the north part of the city near the Air Force Academy and near a LOT of things, so getting around for me won't be as big a pain in the keester as it was in Killeen, TX. There's public transportation as well. Hurrah.

It started snowing the day after we moved into our new apartment. The temperature has been in the single digits for the last 3-4 days. Until yesterday, The Hubs had been the only one to venture out in the snow. I stayed in, wearing the same flannel pj bottoms (I'm still wearing them.) and drinking endless cups of Earl Grey while gorging on episodes of Midsomer Murders.

Colorado_2013
I love our new place. It's definitely a huge upgrade from our old apartment, with higher ceilings and a bigger spaces. Don't get me started on the walk-in closet. Loads of new hiding places for Luna, who won't be going outdoors anytime soon. 

Lounge!kitty, not snow!kitty.
Colorado_Luna

I'm still working on hanging our wall art. The Hubs has his own little den area where he's put up his prints. I've banned him from putting anything up in the rest of the apartment. 
Colorado_Will


Yesterday we had to make a store run and I ventured out for the first time since we moved in. I had to wear a pair of thermal bottoms (The Hubs') under my jeans and two pairs of socks under my boots.
I thought I was ready. Didn't I look ready? 
Colorado_Me
It ended up being a race in and out of the car. Wasn't that bad, but...brrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment