Thursday, June 23, 2011

"WAH-PAH!!!"

Haha, funny story:  Summer semester, and a student zips right past me, behind my desk without an 'excuse me', which is a humungoid pet peeve of mine here at work.  I call him back, "Excuse me!", and he turns around.  Now with this student, I'm always pleasant with;  he comes through the front door, and we say to each other.  But at that moment, he's the enemy!  He went behind enemy territory!  So, I'm like:

"Don't do that again."

Stunned, he replies, "Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it was busy and -"

"Still." 

Busy
?  Yes, there were four or five other students milling around in front of my desk, but what do you do or say to get through a crowd instead of making a quick detour into my work space?  You say, 'Excuse me.', right?  If this dude had asked first, I would have gladly let him walk behind me, but he didn't and that grinds my gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment