Friday, April 8, 2011

In contrast to the Hubz' recent angry (and rightly so, goddammit!) blog post...

It came today in the mail.  I took a chance ordering it because the description on Amazon (I bought it used) didn't cite whether or not it had an original Edward Gorey cover.

I did a happy dance when I opened the envelope and found that it did!



BU-UUUUUUUT for some reason, this Puffin paperback edition doesn't have Edward Gorey's frontpiece art - you know, the illustration inside the book, waaay at the front before the text.  Meh.  Perhaps my search should be limited to the Bantam Skylark versions.
I have another book coming soon.  Like the other, the description didn't mention the edition or cover art.  This is the one I'm hoping to get:


This version isn't so bad, but not it's not Gorey:



In other reading news, my Kindle is seeing a lot of action.  I just started on Wendy Moffat's A Great Unrecorded History: A New Life of E. M. Forster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment